Adjusting to Circumstances with Technical Precision
Provision of appropriate Technical Assistance (TA) to the region is a high priority for PCRIC. TA available through PCRIC is designed to address recognised needs amongst the region’s island nations. These include:
- elevation of the understanding and positive economic impacts of well-executed disaster risk financing and insurance
- development of tools to support government-level decision making on financial solutions for climate and disaster risk
- provision of relevant technical training designed to strengthen post-disaster public financial management including post-disaster budget execution, mobilization and reporting
- promotion of regional knowledge sharing.
Over time it is expected that PCRIC’s TA program will result in:
- improved institutional capacity across the region to develop and implement disaster risk financing strategies
- new product development to complement existing options
- in collaboration with the private sector, expansion of domestic and regional insurance markets
- increased regional collaboration in the area of disaster risk finance.