Join the Pioneers of Climate Risk Pooling at COP28
The leaders of the world’s major multi-country risk pools will convene during an important panel discussion on advancing climate adaptation through innovative risk transfer solutions.
Hear from the CEOs of:
- CCRIF SPC – The first multi-peril, multi-country catastrophe risk pool, providing insurance coverage for Caribbean and Central American nations since 2007.
- ARC Ltd. – Created in 2014 to provide climate risk insurance to African Union member states via risk pooling and reinsurance.
- PCRIC – Established in 2016 to increase financial resilience to disasters in Pacific Island countries.
- SEADRIF – A regional platform offering ASEAN 3 members risk financing services and insurance products for climate resilience.
These facilities are collaborating to share lessons learned and best practices from their unique models tailored to regional needs. Join us to explore opportunities and innovations for further scaling up risk pooling globally.
- Real world examples of risk pooling enhancing economic resilience.
- Operational efficiencies and benefits of pooling to members
- Products and services meeting government, private sector, and community needs
- Integrating risk financing in national policies and adaptation planning
- Technology, partnerships, and business models for sustainability and growth